SAJ solar inverter integration with Trydan
There are two ways to integrate the Trydan e-Charger with the SAJ solar inverter:
- Case 1: Direct Modbus RTU connection to the CHINT smartmeter in the inverter’s main switchboard.
- Case 2: Direct connection with Modbus RTU + WiFi between inverter and charger.
Case 1: Direct Modbus RTU connection to the CHINT smartmeter in the inverter’s main switchboard.
This option is recommended when it is not possible to install current clamps or when there is no WiFi connection between the inverter and the charger. In this case, the charger works with the Dynamic Power Control (DPC) because it knows what the grid imports/exports thanks to the direct connection with the smartmeter. However, the charger’s display will not show what the PV is producing (which will not affect the charger’s operation and the various charging modes offered by the Dynamic Power Control).
To make the connection, a UTP CAT-6 cable, standard T-568B or T568A, must be run from the V2C Trydan recharging point to the installation’s main switchboard, where the SAJ inverter meter will be installed. In this case it has a CHINT meter. It will be sufficient to carry two cables, although a UTP cable can facilitate the installation and connection to the Trydan charging point.
The connection to the Trydan e-Charger is made as follows: Port B of the RS485 Modbus connector is connected to PIN 4 / BLUE WIRE, and port A of the RS485 Modbus connection is connected to PIN 5 / B/WIRE. The connection to Trydan is made on the CONTROL PANEL, at the input intended for this use on the cover of the equipment.
To configure Dynamic Control in the V2C Cloud application select the charger, then click on the settings icon at the top right and go to the Configure Dynamic Power Control section.
Case 2: Direct connection with Modbus RTU + WiFi between inverter and charger.
In this case, it is very important that the inverter and the charging point are connected to the same grid. The IP assigned to the inverter must be identified and then assigned to the charger in the Dynamic Power Control section. In this way, the charger obtains the measurements directly from the smartmeter, and with the IP of the inverter, the charger can obtain the measured value of the photovoltaic production to show it on the display. For integration with Modbus RTU, the first case must be followed and implemented.
Identification of the IP of the SAJ inverter with the laptop:
You must connect to the WiFi network of the SAJ inverter with a laptop. Afterwards, you must connect to the IP Gateway assigned to the inverter’s WiFi network and then connect to the graphical interface.
Below is an example of how to query the IP from a WiFi network:
Then you must follow the next steps:
- Once you have identified the IP Gateway of the inverter’s WiFi, you must enter it in the address bar of your browser. If you are prompted for a password, enter 123456.
- Then select the WIFI STATUS section to check the IP address assigned to the inverter (Internet IP address).
- This IP address is the one you must assign in the ‘Dynamic Power Control’ section of the V2C Cloud App. To do this, select the e-Charger, go to the settings and enter the Dynamic Power Control section.